The Healing Triad Yoga Classes in Bloomingdale, IL
Your first class is $10 drop-in fee – regularly $12!
The Healing Triad offers Hatha Yoga for all levels of practice, Gentle Yoga for seniors and individuals with limited mobility, and Yoga for Back Care and Scoliosis to increase flexibility and strength.
- Hatha Yoga: Touches all aspects of the body, mind and spirit. Linking, integrating and creating deeper inner awareness, which is the essence of Yoga. Hatha Yoga combines stretching, and strengthening, with breathing and meditative techniques.
6-Class Punch Card: $63.00 ($10.50/Class)
12-Class Punch Card: $115.00 ($9.59/Class)
Senior Rate for 12-Class Punch Card: $100.00 ($8.33/Class)
Drop in fee: $12.00
- Gentle Yoga: For those with limited range of motion, stiffness from inactivity, injury, or chronic conditions, e.g. arthritis, musculoskeletal issues, and recovery from surgery. A softer, nurturing, slow paced, well supported and relaxing practice.
6-Class Punch Card: $50.00 ($8.33/Class)
12-Class Punch Card: $90.00 ($7.50/Class)
Drop in fee: $10.00
- Private Yoga: Even the most seasoned practitioners can benefit from an hour with one of our exceptionally skilled Yoga instructors. Whether recovering from an injury, dealing with a chronic issue, or just needing some personal attention, our staff is there to provide assistance to deepen your awareness and give you more confidence on the mat. Please contact Evelyn or Beth to make an appointment.at 630-351-9642 or Beth at 630-980-9223.
- Yoga for Back Care Therapeutics: This therapeutic class is for the student with back issues, ranging from aches in the neck, lower or upper back, sciatica, stenosis, scoliosis, and SI joint issues, or if you just want to learn how keep the spine in good condition for a long active life! In this class, props (from blocks and chairs to the rope wall) are used to access classic yoga poses for all body types, and to help bring awareness to elongation of the spine. Come lengthen your spine, develop the strength to support its proper alignment, and change habitual patterns that can cause pain. All levels are welcome, including those new to yoga and beginners.
Walk In Rate: $16.00
10 Class Package: $140.00
- Private Scoliosis Yoga: Please contact DL at 708-404-9642 to make an appointment.
- Refund Policy: Unused punch cards may be refunded within 30 days of purchase. Partially used punch cards can be credited of a pro-rated amount for unused punches towards other services offered by The Healing Triad.You may call Evelyn with any questions at 630-351-9642 or Beth at 630-980-9223.
Beth McCown has been practicing yoga since 1997, and has found the benefits of a yoga practice are endless. She became a Certified Yoga Instructor in 2002 from the Temple of Kriya Yoga, and has been teaching yoga in the Bloomingdale area for over 10 years. Beth continues her studies in yoga therapy with Doug Keller, and has also studied with Gabriel Halpern, as well as many well-known teachers. She specializes in teaching yoga to seniors, and is passionate in helping students stay healthy and mobile during their lifetimes. Beth received her Reiki level II certification, and plans to continue with her Reiki training to enhance her yoga teaching. Beth has lived in Bloomingdale for over 20 years with her husband and 3 boys, and is excited to continue her teaching in Old Town Bloomingdale at a space conducive to all types of yoga. Email Beth at .
Sue Falco has been teaching Yoga for 14 years, certified with the Yoga Alliance 200 hours, and the American Counsel on Exercise. She continues her Yoga education by attending Yoga educational workshops, and a monthly Yoga Teachers Group for learning and sharing. She brings to her class a blend of traditional yoga poses combined with deep stretching through the major joint and muscle groups. Breathing techniques, visualization, and meditation methods are also part of the class experience. Lots of props are used for support to establish a deep mind to muscle connection. Sue has volunteered at The Midwest Yoga Conference in Bloomingdale for 11 years, and has taken classes from many Yoga Master teachers from the US and abroad, expanding her teaching knowledge and skills.
Nancy Desert Lizard Heraty (DL) Teaches classic Hatha Yoga with emphasis on alignment and specializes in Yoga Therapeutics for those with specific issues and ailments. Therapeutics for the spine, and specifically Scoliosis is where her expertise shines. Desert Lizard trained with Iyengar Teacher Elise Miller to become a Yoga for Scoliosis Trainer. She continues to study and assist with renowned teacher Gabriel Halpern at Yoga Circle in Chicago where she has trained in therapeutic and restorative yoga. She continues to study with renowned teachers to maintain a current, informed and fresh approach to yoga. Desert Lizard is an artist and a potter, and that creativity shines through her teaching. Go to yogajourneystotheheart.com for more info on DL.
Jennifer Nielsen (200RYT, RM, CNA) Jennifer is a200HR-RYT and Reiki Master in the Usui lineage. As a yoga instructor, Jennifer strives to uphold a space which promotes compassion, healing and self-discovery; where students may be inspired to explore and cultivate the sacred connection of body, mind and spirit. After suffering a personal injury, she found herself disappointed with the lack of results from several therapies and surgery; Jennifer turned to her yoga practice, and meditation for physical and emotional healing. As a student and teacher, she is continually amazed by the transformative power of yoga and it is from this place that Jennifer teaches to honor each’s individual path with conscious awareness. Her classes reflect her deep respect for her master teachers and the ancient teachings of yoga and her personal experience and medical knowledge allow emphasis on healthy alignment, the breath and present moment awareness. Jennifer is a long time resident of Glen Ellyn, along with her loving husband & 4 children who remind her daily not take herself too seriously!
Evelyn Walsh has taught Hatha Yoga for 14 years in Bloomingdale. She received her Teaching Certificate from the Temple of Kriya Yoga in Chicago in 2001. She utilizes her knowledge of the physical body, as well as her training in energy work to bring deeper awareness to the body, mind connection. Alignment of the body is important, but integration of all parts is what keeps it interesting, not only for her, but for her students. She infuses breath work, meditation and relaxation, and her creativity and intuition in her classes always keep it fresh.
Email Evelyn at .